- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field. It is aimed at anybody involved in the End of Life care setting with people diagnosed with Dementia to enhance existing skills and to discover new approaches that will further enrich this field of caring, making it a more positive experience. This will explore how dementia can affect end of life care, some facts about dementia and disease progression, how it is life limiting, problems posed by loss of capacity and diminished communication skills that can contribute to undignified treatment and under diagnosis of pain. The day covers legislation that may be used and implemented for the latter stages of life, how to care for self and others at this emotional and complex time. Delegates will be encouraged to explore their own fears and anxieties, recognise the importance their input will bring and feel confident with their delivery of care.
- End of life care strategy and how Dementia affects this due to loss of capacity and communication difficulty
- How legislation can be useful in planning end of life care
- Attitudes and fears about death and dying
- Roles and responsibilities of Carer in Person Centred end of life care
- Be able to understand Grief, loss and Bereavement, including your own response and how to support others
The day is interactive throughout, allowing the Delegate to get as much as they can for themselves from the day. There will be an opportunity to discuss everything at length, with peers and the Tutor ensuring learning. A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on competition.