- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
About the course:
Using a person-centred approach to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those with epilepsy, this course introduces the essential basics of epilepsy as a neurological condition and can be provided with or without the simulated administration of rescue medication:
• What is epilepsy?
• Causes of epilepsy
• Seizure Types and Triggers
• Treatment with antiepileptic medication/side effects
• Seizure management
• Emergency care plan and when to call for help
• Status Epilepticus
• Psychosocial and cultural issues
• Information and Support
• Buccal Midazolam/ Rectal Diazepam/ Rectal Paraldehyde: what is it, uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
• Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
• Aftercare and Management following administration
• Storage and Health and Safety Requirements
About the tutor:
Our Epilepsy Awareness training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses or Paramedic Tutors. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Epilepsy Awareness training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
• First Aiders
• School / Nursery Staff
• Health and Social Care Workers
• Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Epilepsy Awareness training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.