- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.00)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Epilepsy Awareness training course one day programme is intended for any individuals from the Council and staff from all Statutory, Voluntary and Independent sectors working with people with Epilepsy. The course will enable participants to:
- Gain an awareness of causes and types of epilepsy.
- Understand how to support someone who has epilepsy.
- Recognise causes and triggers.
- Recognise symptoms of seizures and how to provide appropriate first aid.
- Understand how to administer rectal diazepam/buccal midazolam.
- Recognise the importance of individual’s protocols for their epilepsy.
The course is a combination of interactive discussion, demonstration and practice with equipment and group work and is facilitated by Tina Webber, South Gloucestershire Council.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers)
- Being Person-Centred
- Understanding Personality Disorders
- Introduction To Contracts
- Manual Handling Induction