- Based in Newcastle under Lyme
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01782 563333.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This epilepsy medication training course is aimed at all staff that are responsible for the care of individuals with epilepsy and specifically the handling of the medication associated with it.
Epilepsy Medication Training Course will cover:
- Definition of & facts about epilepsy
- Classification and management of seizures
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Triggers and precipitants
- Person centred care planning and recording
- Epilepsy, mortality and SUDEP
- Impact of rescue medication and anti-epileptic drug therapy
- Buccal Midazolam: what is it, uses in epilepsy, side effects
- Rectal Diazepam: uses in epilepsy, side effects, administration
- Emergency care plan and when to call an ambulance
- Risk assessment/promotion of safeguarding and dignity
- Access to local and national support network
- Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
- Competency framework and theory test
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved awareness of epilepsy and the safer handling of the medication required confidently .