- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 60 minutes
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Inclusion means a focus on ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to be engaged and involved in mainstream community life – whether it be education, employment or community involvement. Prejudice means holding an unfavourable opinion of someone based on stereotypes or ignorance, and without any knowledge, thought or reason. We all have a duty to challenge prejudice even if this means questioning our own beliefs.
This Equality and Diversity e-learning course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with children, young people and their families.
This course can be included in an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
About this course
Upon successful completion of this Equality and Diversity e-learning course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
In this Equality and Diversity e-learning course you will:
• Explore how you can improve your own practice to promote inclusion
• Define what inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity
• Recognise how to promote an inclusive approach in every aspect of your work
• Identify why it is important to challenge discrimination and prejudice
• Explore the Index for Inclusion
• Know the difference between prejudice and discrimination
• Know why children are discriminated against
• Understand what anti-discriminatory practice is and why it is important
• Recognise ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice
Course provider details
- Me Learning
- Member Since: 10/09/2015
Other courses from Me Learning
- Basic Life Support e-learning
- Safeguarding Adults Level 1 e-learning
- Domestic Abuse e-learning
- E-Safety Risks to Children e-learning
- Manual Handling – Health, Education and Social Care e-learning