- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Kingwood Civic Centre, South Gloucestershire
- Venue Option 2 - Location: 21/04/2015, 7/10/15, 9/02/16
This is a 1-day (9.30am-4.30pm) Essential Skills for Dignity in Care course that covers all of the national Common Core Principles for Dignity, and explores ways to apply these in the workplace to ensure your service is properly supporting people’s dignity and respect.
The course is designed as essential Induction training for:
* all new Care & Ancillary staff * Personal Assistants
Plus it is great development for existing staff, to refresh their current knowledge, skills and good practice.
Through information sharing, discussion, exercises and use of reflective practice this 1-day course will provide learners with:
- Guidance on the meaning of each of the 7 Common Core Principles for Dignity, and practical examples on how to achieve these.
- An understanding about what “dignity and respect” mean, and their significance in providing excellent adult social care services.
- The opportunity to examine and to develop positive workplace cultures and team effectiveness.
- Empowerment to become more confident ambassadors of quality care in the workplace.
- Underpinning knowledge towards the new Care Certificate, and elements of the Qualification Credit Framework Diploma for Health & Social Care
To book a place on one of the above course dates: Please email your name, job title, workplace address, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charging: If your agency has Pre-Purchased Training Days from the Council, the charge is between £17.50 and £35 per person for this 1-day workshop. If training days have not been pre-purchased, the charge is £70 per person. Figures do not include VAT (if applicable).
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Dementia Awareness
- Introduction to Signalong
- Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers)
- Manual Handling Refresh
- Health, Safety and Personal Care