- Based in Hereford
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01432 383678.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Churchill House, Hereford HR1 1DE
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 1 February 2017
All organisations are required to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. Employees too need to understand their obligations in terms of health and safety legislation.
This course provides an overview of key health and safety practices, giving participants the information they need to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
(Covers care certificate standards 13.1, 13.2, 13.6, 13.8, 13.9)
Who is it for?
Workers in any setting who require an overview or refresher of health and safety.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand their own responsibilities and those of others relating to health and safety in the work setting
- Understand the need for risk assessment and how to use this in every day practice
- Describe what is a hazardous substance
- Handle hazardous substances safely and in line with policy and procedures
- Explain the importance of security at work for those they support
- Explain ways of working safely by checking the identity of people entering buildings
- Recognise the common signs and indicators of stress in themselves and others
- List ways to manage stress
This course can be delivered in-house, if required.