- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 5 Days
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
In short this Falls Prevention Advanced Practice Train the Trainer course shows your team how to throw everything but the sink at preventing falls on your care sites.
The Falls Prevention Champions Course is unique. Its a mix of exercises to help older people stay healthy, fit and standing. The skills needed for your team members to run these classes for service users safely. To do falls risk assessments. Prepare and run one day falls prevention courses for other staff members.
If you want to work independently providing these sessions, one to one training and insurance are available.
The aim of the course to help students to develop the skills to effectively lead the prevention of trips, slips and falls in their work place.
By the end of the day students will be able to:
1. Identify with what it feels like to be old and frighten of falling
2. Emotionally understand the fear and impact of falls on a persons confidence
3. Identify good bone health, osteoporosis and reducing fracture risk
4. Identify and actively minimise risk factors connected to falls
5. Conduct an individual and generic falls risk assessments
6. How to respond appropriately to a fall
7. Use the Queensland Stay on Your Feet Toolkit
8. Assess service users suitability for a falls prevention exercise class
9. Prepare a falls prevention exercise class
10. Deliver a falls prevention exercise class
11. Progress a falls prevention exercise class
12. Identify who can not take part in falls prevention exercise class
13. Evaluate a falls prevention exercise class
14. Prepare staff training on falls prevention
15. Use a variety of training techniques and media
16. Deliver a training sessions on falls prevention
17. Coach and mentor service users and staff on falls prevention and reduction
18. Evaluate training
19. Critically reflect on own performance
Group discussion, home study and preparation. Practical exercises.practical teaching.
1. Prepare a twelve week progression plan for a falls exercise class
2. Deliver twenty minutes from week six
3. Written paper
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Reminiscence therapy and dementia
- Coaching & supervision – Practical team leader training
- Filling Beds (Practical marketing and sales for care home managers)
- Chair Based Exercise Training Course
- Lone Working Course