- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field. This informative and interactive course offers all attending the essential information and practical knowledge to ensure participants have the essential to keep food and drink safe and prevent illness from food poisoning and food borne illness. Essential and mandatory to all who handle food in the care setting even if they don’t deliver face to face care.
- Explain what we mean by food safety and why this is important
- Discuss the main hazards associated with food safety
- Overview of food safety law and enforcement powers
- The importance of cleaning and personal hygiene
- Overview of HACCP
- Different types of contamination
- Look at pest control
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance