- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 7 hours
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: CIEH
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley, Bristol
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 4th March 2016
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley, Bristol
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: 14th July 2016
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley, Bristol
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: 15th December 2016
This Food Safety in Catering Level 2 Award (CIEH) course is aimed at anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served.
Acorn food safety trainers are passionate about anything to do with food or food safety.
They are excellent at adapting courses and make food safety training both informative and enjoyable. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
This course is aimed at anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
This course will cover:
- An introduction to food safety
- The law governing food safety
- Food safety hazards
- Taking temperatures
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of food
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of food
- Food handlers and personal hygiene
- Food premises, equipment and food pests
On completion of the course, participants will understand the importance of ensuring food remains free from contamination at all stages of food production and service.
On successful completion of a 30 question, multiple choice examination, the participant will receive a CIEH accredited certificate.