- Based in Bristol
East Midlands,West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 3308119.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Does your home/organisation care for people who have had a stroke or a TIA? Would you like your staff to have more of an awareness of these events and the possible effects and consequences of having one?
This workshop includes insights from rehabilitation therapists who work with the condition and is facilitated by a therapy practitioner who specialises in stroke care. Working from the perspective of three separate therapies, it gives practical advice and offers solutions for professional carers working with stroke survivors.
The session covers:
- What is a stroke? What are the possible effects and consequences of having one? How does a person’s life change after having a stroke?
- Physiotherapy. Understanding the weakness/paralysis or posture/balance issues that may occur post stroke and how these symptoms can be treated.
- Occupational therapy. Day to day activities that may have been done without thinking before a stroke now can be very difficult to carry out. How can carers help?
- Speech and language therapy. What are the possible communication difficulties that can occur post stroke and how can they be overcome?
Where time allows, the facilitator of this workshop will be happy to explore how practical solutions mentioned during the session may help particular people that the carers work with.
The session can last between two and three hours depending on your requirements. We come to you and the cost of the workshop is £195 for as many people as you can get into a room!
Course provider details
- Good Communication Group
- Member Since: 09/07/2014
Other courses from Good Communication Group
- Communication Issues in End of Life Care
- Choking Prevention and other Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Problems in the Elderly
- A Problem Solving Approach to Communication with Elderly Residents
- A Speech and Language Therapist’s Guide to Better Communication in Dementia Care
- A Guide to Caring for People who have Parkinson’s disease