- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This 1 day foundation handling children training course is aimed at support staff and carers whose role involves the handling of children, whether it be in the child’s home, school or in a nursing or residential setting.
This course will cover:
- Predisposing factors of musculoskeletal injuries
- Postural awareness and static loading
- Spinal awareness
- Principles of safer handling
- Risk assessment
- Unsafe practices
- Practical child handling techniques
- Hoist training
- Team handling
Participants will gain a basic knowledge of the theory relating to manual handling, an awareness of the risks and how to minimise them and acquire the practical skills to perform techniques safely.