- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.00)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Health, Safety and Personal Care is a one day course introduces participants to the key areas of knowledge needed to work in a way which promotes their own and their service users’ health, safety and well being, by increasing workers’ awareness of health, safety and personal care issues in the context of working with service users.
The content is linked to the national Common Induction Standards for adult social care staff, specifically Standard 8: “Health & Safety in an adult social care setting”. It will also provide underpinning knowledge for staff working towards an NVQ or new QCF-Diploma in Health & Social Care.
By the end of the day course participants will be able to demonstrate a greater understanding of safe working practice in the context of health, safety and personal care, in particular:
- General health and safety.
- Risk assessment.
- Organisational policies and procedures.
- Basic food safety.
- Carrying out personal care tasks.
- Supporting service users with eating & drinking.
- Denture care.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Managing Good Practice in Safeguarding Adults Issues
- Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Communication in Dementia Care