- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This is a bespoke health and safety training course that is particularly suited to nurses/carers who are either new to the profession or require evidence of continued development.
It is designed to meet statutory and mandatory requirements.
This course will cover:
- Moving and handling
- Hoist and Sling Safety
- Techniques using various items and equipment
- Complexities of different clients
- Basic Life Support
Food safety/infection control:
- Introduction to food safety
- Personal hygiene
- Signs of abuse
- Update of current practice
Health and safety:
- Risk assessment
- Accident reporting
Participants will develop and update their skills within a number of different areas and will be awarded a grid certificate that identifies all areas studied – valid for 3 years.
Course provider details
- Acorn Health and Safety
- Member Since: 24/04/2014
Other courses from Acorn Health and Safety
- IOSH 6 day Moving and Handling Trainers Course (Foundation)
- Manual Handling Refresher Training
- Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillators
- Suction Training
- Care for the Dying Training