- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Care Training Academy,Suite 15, Hopewell Business Centre, Hopewell Drive, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7DX. United Kingdom.
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 2nd Monday of every month
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Online at http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Anytime - £4.95 per learner
- This course is a mandatory requirement for people working in the care sector.
- The course is recommended by Skills for Care as a minimum standard for people working in social care.
- The course is recognised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a minimum standard that people working in social care need to meet before they can safely work unsupervised.
- This course meets the Infection Prevention and Control standard of the mandatory Care Certificate.
- The course meets some knowledge criteria for Infection Prevention and Control Unit of the QCF (NVQ) Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- The course can be used for credit transfer or Recognition of prior learning (RPL) to Infection Prevention and Control Unit of the QCF (NVQ) Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- The Course has credit value under the QCF framework and recognized throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
This course examines basic principles and procedures to follow in order to maintain good hygiene, prevent and control infection at work.
At the end of this course, learners must be able to:
- Understand the meaning and types of pathogens.
- Identify the chain of infection
- Understand the correct hand washing techniques.
- Identify types and uses of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Understand the correct Waste disposal procedures.
Module 1: Meaning and types of pathogens.
Module 2: Chain of infection
Module 3: Correct hand washing techniques.
Module 4: Types and uses of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Module 5: Transmission of infection.
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Dementia Awareness Course
- Health and Safety Course
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Basic Life Support Course
- Communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings