- Based in London
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0844 870 4237.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 - 6 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Our Intravenous Cannulation and Intravenous Medication training courses offers essential training for those who are required to insert a venous cannula and/or administer intravenous medication. This course will provide the basic theory, skills and knowledge to build delegates competence under supervision of an appropriate practitioner.
- Anatomy of the arm
- Legal, professional and ethical issues
- Benefits and risks of IV route including complications
- Safe handling, preparation and administration (including Aseptic No Touch Technique) of IV medications/fluids
- Cannulation skills technique workshop
- Management of Anaphylaxis
- Drugs calculations
For more in-depth or specific information, please contact us regarding your requirements.
3 to 6 hours
About the tutor:
Our Intravenous Cannulation and Intravenous Medication training courses are delivered by subject matter experts within the field, this include Registered Nurses and Paramedics. Our tutors are not only experienced within their clinical specialism but also adult education and teaching principles, meaning that their sessions are enjoyable, fun and informative.
About the attending delegates:
Our Intravenous Cannulation and Intravenous Medication training course is suitable for a wide range of individuals including:
- Health Care Support Workers
- Registered Nurses and Allied Health Care Professionals
About the assessment and course achievement:
Our Intravenous Cannulation and Intravenous Medication training course is able to provide evidence of achievement and competence. All attending delegates will have to successfully complete a knowledge and practical assessment before being awarded our certification valid for 2 years.
Course provider details
- Guardian Angels
- Member Since: 07/11/2016
Other courses from Guardian Angels
- Administration of Rescue Medication (Buccal Midazolam)
- ECG Takers (including basic interpretation)
- Allergies, Anaphylaxis and the Administration of an Auto-Injector of Adrenaline (Epipen, Jext, Emerade)
- Complex Care
- Clinical Observations