- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 949 4324.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
This Introduction to MCA/DoLS course is a three hour session that provides an introduction to the Mental Capacity Act for those who are unfamiliar with this important legislation or who would like a refresher. The session is highly interactive and includes films, scenarios, games and exercises to support participants to understand key points.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the importance of working within the 5 principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Understand what is meant by capacity and how capacity is assessed
- Understand what is meant by ‘best interests’ and explore realistic scenarios around best interests
- Understand what a Lasting Power of Attorney is and discuss other key terms in the Mental Capacity Act
- Understand what is meant by a Deprivation of Liberty and the responsibilities that care providers have when they suspect a deprivation of liberty might be occurring