- Based in Monmouth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0330 6600 451.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
In this Introduction to Mental Health Course, you will gain an understanding and basic knowledge of depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia and personality disorders.
At the end of the session the learners will be able to:
- Explain the differences between mental health and mental illness
- Describe the stigma that is attached to mental health and how it effects the individual, their family and the community
- Differentiate between the facts and misconceptions surrounding mental health
- Outline the legislation that is applicable to mental health
- Describe each of the following: depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia and personality disorders
- What is mental health?
- What is mental illness?
- Stigma, perceptions and myths about mental health
- Legislation applicable to mental health
- What is depression?
- The causes, signs, symptoms and treatment for depression
- What is bi-polar disorder?
- The causes, signs, symptoms and treatment for bi-polar disorder
- What is schizophrenia?
- The causes, signs, symptoms and treatment for schizophrenia
- What is personality disorder?
- The causes, signs, symptoms and treatment for personality disorder
Course provider details
- Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Member Since: 12/03/2015
Other courses from Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Level 2 Award in Hygiene in Health & Social Care
- Moving and Handling People
- Level 2 in Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Learning Disabilities Training