- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
It might be useful to begin by saying what this course is not intended to be. It is not intended to be a research methods programme. Many people who have not studied research before are anxious that they will be confronted by a mass of confusing statistics which they neither feel equipped to understand, nor are particularly interested in.
This anxiety has its origins in a perception of research as something done by boffins in white coats surrounded by ‘experiments’ and computers churning out statistics which only they are qualified to understand. This Introduction to Research Awareness in Social Care course is intended to question this perception by highlighting that research is something we all do in our everyday lives.
- What are the facts?
- What is Research?
- Research Design
- Techniques of Data Collection
- Data analysis – An Introduction
- New Paradigm and Emancipatory Research
- Ethics in Social Research
- Developing a Research Proposal
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Poverty, Social Exclusion and Social Care
- Protecting Vulnerable Adults from Abuse in Social Care
- Caring for People with Learning Disabilities
- Learning and Social Care
- Working in the Health Sector