- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Introduction to Social Care Practice and Theories course is an introduction to a particularly broad and complex topic: the relationship between ideas about social work and what social workers actually do. The sorts of questions that we will be considering in this course are:
- What is it that social workers actually do?
- What is social work supposed to be trying to achieve – and how should we go about it?
- What ideas or theories do in fact – or should – underlie social work practice?
- On what basis should – or do – social workers make decisions about how to respond to different situations?
- What techniques are available to social workers?
- How does social work relate to other professional groups who may work with the same service users?
- How do social work values relate to theory and practice?
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Working in the Health Sector
- Mental Health & Social Care
- Introduction to Research Awareness in Social Care
- Provision of Activities in the Care Setting
- Using Theories in Social Care