- Based in Bristol
West Midlands,South West,Wales
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 07581 196552.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
Whatever name your organisation gives to appraisals – time outs, performance reviews, one-to-ones, job chats – the time may have come when they need to become more meaningful and more effective. Managers need to think differently about how these are done. This thought-provoking session turns the traditional view on its head and suggests that, for everyone but new recruits, the most effective method is to encourage people to assess their own performance and to set their own goals. That way, there is more ownership and accountability and less paperwork for the manager.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to :
- deliver appraisals effectively and confidently
- demonstrate the skills to enable them to give and receive constructive feedback
- agree clear goals
- manage underperformers and difficult people
This course is for people whose role includes managing and appraising other people. It acts as a useful refresher to complement any previous or existing training in managing performance, and acts as a standalone for people who have had little formal management training. It is particularly useful for those who spend most of their time doing the technical side of their job and are expected to complete performance reviews for their team.
The material is adapted to each organisation’s process and culture. As well as some teaching, delegates will learn by increasing self awareness, discussion, practising scenarios and active fun.
- The relevance of a good appraisal process – why they are a good thing
- Situational leadership self awareness exercise – flexibility in style
- The outcomes of a good appraisal
- Listening, questioning – Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Setting good goals
- Creating the right environment
- Levels of happiness; motivation and empowerment
- Managing underperformance in a positive way
- Your organisation’s process and paperwork
Course provider details
- Lance Cross Business Performance Ltd
- Member Since: 18/11/2014
Other courses from Lance Cross Business Performance Ltd
- Happiness and Motivation
- The Secrets of Successful Teams
- Improving Your Team Leadership Skills
- Telephone and Email Communication Skills
- Can’t We All Just Get Along ?