- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 949 4324.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
This three hour session on Key Working and Care Planning is for care staff who are (or may be in the future) keyworkers or care workers who want to develop their person-centred practice.
The session is highly interactive and includes films, scenarios, games and exercises to support participants to understand key points.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the importance of the keyworker role
- Understand what is meant by person-centred care and be able to relate this to care planning
- Understand the importance of reviewing care plans regularly
- Identify good practice in record keeping and confidentiality
- Identify ways of communicating with and empowering the people they support, so that they can participate in planning their own care
- Understand how the Mental Capacity Act links to care planning