- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Social work is an extremely complex and challenging practice which cannot be learnt simply by following a given set of laws, rules and procedures. Because it is carried out to assist people at every stage of life who are encountering difficulties, there is no set way to approach it.
However, this unit does offer a competence-based approach to social work and social services education and training programmes which will assist in empowering the social worker and engaging service users.
Our Learning and Social Care course will help you to examine the problematic nature of social work and provide a framework for a professional approach to addressing the uncertainties and complexities of practice, while improving your knowledge about social work qualifications and its historical context.
- Getting to Grips with Social Work
- Applying Social Work Values
- Working Accountably to Your Agency
- Working Accountably to Service Users
- Engaging, Assessing and Planning
- Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluating