- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Care Training Academy,Suite 15, Hopewell Business Centre, Hopewell Drive, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7DX. United Kingdom.
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 2nd Saturday of every month
- Venue Option 2 - Location: Online at http://www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk
- Venue Option 2 - Dates: Anytime - £4.95 per learner
This course helps those who work in health, social care or children and young people’s settings to understand Learning Disabilities issues and how to cope and care for people with Learning Disabilities. The course also teaches good understanding of the concept of Learning Disabilities and how to support people Learning Disabilities to communicate and behave better in the society.
At the end of this course, learners must be able to:
- Understand what Learning Disabilities are.
- Understand how to support people with Learning Disabilities
- Understand how to enable better communication with people with Learning Disabilities
- Understand how to promote positive behaviours with people with Learning Disabilities
Module 1: Introduction to Learning Disability
Module 2: The Effects of Learning Disability on the Person and their Family
Module 3: Supporting People with Learning Disabilities by Enabling Communication
Module 4: Supporting People with Learning Disabilities: Environment and Behaviour
Module 5: Supporting People with Learning Disabilities: Physical Care
Module 6: Mental Health Care and Empowering People with Learning Disabilities
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Advanced Apprenticeship route)
- Basic Life Support Course
- Moving and Handling People (Theory & Practicals) Course
- Health and Safety Course
- Safeguarding Adults, Children and Young People Course