- Based in Sawbridgeworth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01279 725361.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This Learning Disability Training course will provide you with the definition of learning disability, how it affects the individuals and how to provide person-centred care, focussed on the individual’s particular needs and aspirations.
- Legislation and regulations: human rights, E&D
- What is “learning disability”?
- Causes of learning disability
- Experiences of individuals with learning disabilities
- Medical and Social Model of Disability
- Types of Services Provided over time
- How past provisions may affect present services
- Social Inclusion
- Empowerment and Advocacy
- Societal Attitudes
- Effective Communication
This Learning Disability Training course is suitable to all delegates involved in a care setting who directly care for those with a learning disability. If you have additional requirements please let us know so we can include them.
Course provider details
- Apple Training Academy
- Member Since: 02/04/2014
Other courses from Apple Training Academy
- Falls and Fragility Course
- End of Life Care Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- Multiple Sclerosis Training
- Food Safety Awareness Training