- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
This Level 1 Safeguarding course aims to increase your confidence and understanding of identifying and responding to the abuse of vulnerable adults and meets the requirements of the National Competence Framework for Safeguarding Adults Competences 1 – 5.
Participants This course is mandatory for all staff that may have contact with vulnerable adults during their working day, whether in person or on the phone and should be completed every three years.
Course objectives By the end of the session each participant will be able to:
- Understand what Safeguarding is and their role in Safeguarding Adults
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of Safeguarding and take action
- Understanding the procedures for making a ‘Safeguarding Alert’
- Understand dignity and respect when working with individuals
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports Safeguarding Adults Activity
Please note this course is available as a course for new staff or as an update for staff who have previously attended this training.
Free to users in all health and social care organisations in North Somerset. The e-learning packages are easy to use, interactive modules designed to be an accessible route to essential information on these key areas in working with vulnerable adults in North Somerset.
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Mental Capacity Act Awareness: Making Everyday Decisions
- Safer Retention
- Dignity in Care Training
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- Level 2 Food Hygiene