- Based in Monmouth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0330 6600 451.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
In this Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia course, learners will gain an understanding of this subject and an increased awareness of the skills that are needed when working with people with the condition.
At the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Explain what Dementia is and it’s signs and symptoms
- Describe the skills needed in daily living and care of an individual
- Describe how to communicate with an individual with Dementia
- Describe how to deal with aggressive and challenging behaviour
- Describe how to deal with wandering and pain
- Explain what person-centred care is
- Outline the legislation that is applicable to Dementia
- What is Dementia?
- The signs and symptoms of Dementia
- The treatment and care of individuals with Dementia
- Communicating with individuals with Dementia
- How to deal with challenging behaviour
- How to deal with aggressive behaviour
- How to deal with wandering?
- How to deal with pain?
- Person-centred care
Course provider details
- Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Member Since: 12/03/2015
Other courses from Healthcare Training & Consultancy
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Level 2 in Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Safe Handling and Administration of Medication
- Child Protection Awareness
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering + Refresher