- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 5 x 2 1/2 hour sessions over 4 months
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
This is Level 2 Award in Dementia Awareness is City & Guilds Accredited which sits in the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
The course comprises of 4 mandatory knowledge units which are assessed via written evidence or verbally if required.
This course would be suitable for a new staff member to care who wishes to increase their knowledge of Dementia or a member of staff who has gained an NVQ/Diploma Level 2 and wishes to further their knowledge by adding this Award to their qualifications.
By the end of this course participants will have an:
- Increased awareness of Dementia
- How to apply person centred care and support of individuals with Dementia
- Identify the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have Dementia
- Explain the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in Dementia care
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Dementia Awareness e-Learning
- Moving and Positioning People Update Course
- Level 2 Safeguarding adults training for provider services
- Mental Capacity Act in Practice
- Enablement training “core principles to self care”