- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
This Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification will allow learners to acquire the knowledge of a number of essential areas of working in adult social care and the Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care is part of the Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Framework.
This qualification is aimed at anyone considering starting out in a career in adult social care in England, or working in Health and Social Care, who would like to progress on to a Level 2 Diploma.
The qualification comprises nine knowledge based mandatory units, including:
- Communication (2 credits)
- Equality, Diversity and inclusion (2 credits)
- Personal development (2 credits)
- Role of the social worker (1 credit)
- Handling information (1 credit)
- Health and Safety (4 credits)
- Safeguarding (3 credits)
- Duty of care (1 credit)
- Person centred approach (4 credits)
To achieve the award, candidates need to complete all 20 credits from the 9 mandatory units.
Price does not include registration fee.
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.
- Food Hygiene for Care Staff
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Level 3 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Principles of Safe Moving and Handling of Peolpe.