- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01634540669.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 6 months
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning, In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
BECOME A QUALIFIED CARE WORKER
This is the new NVQ in health and social care Level 3. This qualification is the full QCF (NVQ) Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care. The course is recognised by care providers, the CQC and the Nursing Universities. This is the course you need to be a fully qualified health and social care professional in the United Kingdom. You can also use this qualification for direct entry to study Nursing or related health courses in UK universities. With this qualification, you are qualified to work in management role within the NHS and care work settings.
Benefits of the Course
After successful completion of the course, you would have achieved:
- The nationally recognised QCF (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A qualification that gives you direct access to study nursing or related health care courses in the universities.
- Qualification recognised by social care providers and the CQC.
- Qualification that gives you the certificate needed to be in management position within the health and social care settings.
- The knowledge, skills and competence for working in social care settings.
- A recognised certificate from a national awarding body.
- Unlimited feedback, support and guidance from your assessor.
- One direct observation of you working in your workplace.
- Your own personal portfolio.
- Free Lecture handout and reading resources.
- The ability to complete your qualification quickly.
There is no formal qualification required for enrol for this course. The course is open to anyone irrespective of country, race or level of education. However, you must be working in a care setting either as employed or as a volunteer staff to be able to complete the course. This will allow your assessor to observe you at work. You must also understand English as the course will be taken in English Language.
Course Duration – How long will the course take to complete?
Ideally, you should finish within 6 months. There are no fixed periods for completion. It all depends on the time taken to submit your assignments and provide required evidence in your portfolio. Ideally, you should finish within 6 months to one year.
To complete this course, you will be required to complete a question workbook which contains all the knowledge criteria for the course. You will be issued reading resources free of charge which you can read up to answer the questions in the workbook. You will also be observed in your workplace for about two to three times by your assessor during which feedback will be given to improve your competence at work. We will also require a witness testimony from your manager. It is also expected that your assessor will engage you with a professional discussion on a topic around your work roles.
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care you will need to complete 9 mandatory units along with a choice of optional knowledge and competence units equalling an overall 58 credits.
You have the choice of studying one of the following pathways:
- Generic pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Learning Disabilities pathway
- Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care Settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health & Social Care Settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health & Social Care Settings
- Introduction to Duty of Care in Health & Social Care Settings
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care Settings
- The Role of the Health & Social Care Worker
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Health & Social Care Settings
- Contribute to Health & Safety in Health & Social Care
- Handle Information in Health & Social Care Settings
Methods of Gathering Evidence
- Direct observation of your working practice
- Witness Testimony from a work colleague, service user or advocate
- Reflective prior learning – certificates of recently achieved training
- Work Products – your assessor can observe a work product such as a care plan you have contributed towards.
How the Learning Delivery Works
As soon as you sign up for the course, you will be allocated a personal tutor/assessor whom you can be interacting with on a one-to-one basis. Your assessor will contact you within 72 hours of enrolment to introduce her or himself to you and arrange an induction session with you. Your assessor will also send you the reading pack and workbook questions for the first module of the course. The reading pack will contain necessary reading materials as well as your portfolio assignment for the module.
When you are done with your assignments for the first set of module, forward it to your assessor who will assess it and make sure they are up to the standard of the awarding body. If they are not, you will be advised on what to do until your work is of required standard. Your assessor will give you feedback on your work and also set up discussion with you to get your work to the level required. You will then be sent the reading pack for the 2nd module. This process continues until you complete all the units required to cover the knowledge criteria for the course.
Meetings with Your Assessor
It is possible to be meeting your assessor face to face at your workplace, live-online using skype or video conferencing facilities and unlimited supports through telephone and email. You are free to contact your assessor several times while studying your materials to ask questions or seek clarifications on the units.
Observation Sessions at your Workplace
On completion of the knowledge criteria for the course, you will then agree with your assessor and arrange for your observation sessions at workplace. Again, this can only be done through face-to-face. Professional discussion and other support session can be done live-online using skype or video conferencing facilities or through recorded video but you will need to agree with your assessor on this as he or she will be able to advise you better on this. After this, you will then put all your work together for your final portfolio which will then be internally and externally moderated before obtaining your certificate of award.
The course is classified as workplace learning and no college attendance is required. This means that the duration is flexible and depend on the amount of time you commit to study and doing your assignments on your own and at your own pace. In other words, the time to complete your entire course is up to you. In theory, we say minimum of 3 months and maximum of one year.
COURSE FEE: £549. CHEAPEST IN THE UK. THE FEE INCLUDES AWARDING BODY REGISTRATION FEE.
APPLY ONLINE AT www.caretrainingacademy.co.uk or email:email@example.com or call Teisha Windell on 10634540669
Course provider details
- Care Training Academy
- Member Since: 06/01/2016
Other courses from Care Training Academy
- Health and Safety
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF)
- Dementia Awareness Course
- Food Hygiene and Safety Course
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Advanced Apprenticeship route)