- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 5 x 2 1/2 hour sessions over 4 months
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City & Guilds
This is a City & Guilds Accredited Level 3 Award in Dementia Awareness which sits in the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF).
The course comprises of 4 mandatory knowledge units which are assessed via written evidence or verbally if required.
This course would be suitable for a member of staff who has gained an NVQ/Diploma Level 2 or 3 and wishes to further their knowledge by adding this Award to their qualifications.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the process and experience of Dementia
- Explain the administration of medication to individuals with Dementia
- Identify the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have Dementia
- Explain the diversity of individuals with Dementia and the importance of inclusion
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Managing aggressive and challenging behaviour towards health and social care staff
- Certificate in Dementia Care Level 3
- Dementia Awareness e-Learning
- Nutrition and Hydration Training for Care Workers