- Based in Taunton, Somerset
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01823 462804.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
The Cavendish Care Certificate launched in March 2015.
Ask your staff to support your establishment’s development and give both themselves and their colleagues the recognition to undertake the new induction requirements. Anyone assessing the Care Certificate should be assessing ‘in line with or to an equivalent of’ the National Occupational Standards, as a minimum.
Way Ahead Care was selected as one of the pilot sites and therefore Step Ahead Training delivered the pilot to the Way Ahead operational teams. The certificate requires that new staff have their competency assessed during their work practice before they are able to work unsupervised. This requires staff who work support new staff to be confident in assessing and giving feedback on their competence decisions. Our staff told us they would like to have this area of development recognised, so we are offering them this unit in response. You are welcome to join us with this Level 3 Unit in Assessing Competence In the Work Environment.
An assessor must be able to;
- Ensure learners understand the purpose, requirement’s and processes of assessment
- Plan assessment to meet requirements and leaner needs
- Use valid, fair, reliable and safe assessment methods
- Identify and collect evidence that is valid, authentic and sufficient
- Make assessment decisions against specified criteria
- Provide feedback to the leaner that affirms achievement and identifies any additional requirements
- Maintain required records of the assessment process, its outcomes and learner progress
- Work with others to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes
Course provider details
- Step Ahead Training
- Member Since: 06/11/2014
Other courses from Step Ahead Training
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3
- QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Level 3 Award in End of Life Care.
- Mental Health, Demntia and Learning Disabilities Awareness
- Principles of Safe Moving and Handling of Peolpe.