- Based in Sawbridgeworth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01279 725361.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 9 - 12 months
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
- Awarding Body: Lifetime Awarding
The QCF Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care is a nationally recognised qualification. This qualification is the progression route from QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care qualification to the QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care.
- It is suitable for people working in Adult Care
- It is the next step for those who have completed the QCF (NVQ) Level 3 in Health & Social Care
- It is suitable for those who are in senior caring roles within their workplace
Outline of the Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care programme – Each unit within the QCF Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care you must gain a minimum of 70 credits. 36 credits must be achieved from the mandatory unit group, and at least 34 credits from the optional units. At least 55 credits must be achieved from level 4 units or above.
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development
- Equality and diversity
- Understand safeguarding and protection
- Facilitate person-centred assessment to support the wellbeing of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to promote positive outcomes for individuals and to support wellbeing
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety
- Professional practice
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Work in partnership
- Safeguarding children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
The optional knowledge and competence units cover various areas such as understand dementia, understand administration of medication, diabetes awareness, understand positive risk taking, understand professional supervision practice, awareness of the Mental Capacity Act etc.
Assessment and delivery method – You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio. There will be an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The online site allows you to work at your own pace, access resources to help support you and a forum to speak to other candidates.
The units you will follow ask you to explain your own working practices and standards you follow. This will allow you to recognise the process’ you carry out, ways of working/ best practice and why you have to follow certain standards. This can help you develop your understanding of the industry and your own skills.
We can also include work based observations, witness testimonies from colleagues, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition the candidates will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with their assessor throughout their programme together with resources as required.
Entry Requirements – This course is open to candidates of 16 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. You need to be working in the industry to be able to provide your own understanding and knowledge of the subjects covered in your units. This can include paid or voluntary roles and different working patterns or hours. A work based observation is required. As there are many optional units that can be chosen to help make the course personal to your role and setting experience helps you chose the ones relevant to yourself.
How long will it take? – There are no fixed periods for completion, however depending on experience most participants complete within 8-12 months. If you put in more work you can finish in a shorter period.
Course provider details
- Apple Training Academy
- Member Since: 02/04/2014
Other courses from Apple Training Academy
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Compassion in Care Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Epilepsy Awareness Training
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care