- Based in Sawbridgeworth
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01279 725361.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
Life History is an important tool to be used to enhance the quality of care provided to older people, especially those with dementia. It benefits the service users, families, friends and care staff by improving an understanding of the individual, valuing and empowering service users, promoting relationships and enabling improved person-centred care delivery.
- What Life History work is and how it fits into dementia care current guidance
- Human Rights Act and the Health & Social Care Act and the relationship with life history work
- The importance of relationships and rapport
- How life history enhances relationships and communication
- How to use life story work
- How to work with others involved with the service users to produce a life story
- Develop action plans for implementing life history work
During this course each delegate will be participate in discussions and group activities based on the information given and complete a quiz.
The course is open to candidates who are involved in caring for older people, especially those with dementia. Some prior knowledge and understanding is require to help development and understanding, if you have any delegates who don’t have this knowledge please let us know so we can provide extra support or include more information.
Course provider details
- Apple Training Academy
- Member Since: 02/04/2014
Other courses from Apple Training Academy
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
- Record Keeping and Report Writing
- Challenging Behaviour and Breakaway Techniques
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce