- Based in Bude, Cornwall
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0845 230 6880.
Training Course Details
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
By the end of this Loss and Social Care course you will be able to demonstrate recognition of loss as a key feature of the experience of service users in a range of social work settings. This course aims to enable you to explore the potential impact of the service users’ own experiences of loss on their practice, identifying their own developmental and support needs.
Emphasis is also placed upon your ability to critically evaluate theoretical models of grieving in relation to a variety of loss situations. Finally there is an analysis of the social work role and response to loss in service users in relation to those of other professions and services.
- Loss in Social Work
- The Social and Cultural Context of Loss
- Experiencing Loss: Models and Theories
- Use and Abuse of Theory: Particular Losses
- Effective Social Work in Response to Loss and Grief
Course provider details
- Stonebridge College
- Member Since: 30/01/2015
Other courses from Stonebridge College
- Provision of Activities in the Care Setting
- Moving and Handling Clients Safely
- Drug Awareness Studies and their Applications
- Innovations in Health and Social Care
- Social Care in Community