- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Managing and Preventing Institutional Abuse 1-day workshop will help delegates to understand and be accountable for the key factors in managing and preventing Institutional Abuse in the services they lead.
Managers of agencies that provide services for vulnerable adults must ensure they lead a “safe service”, with competent staff and an organisational culture that safeguards adults.
By the end of the day participants will have:
- Examined the main elements of an organisational culture that safeguards adults and ways to put this into practice.
- An understanding of South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults Board’s Practice Guidance on Responding to Institutional Abuse (revised March 2012)
- An understanding of the warning signs of Institutional Abuse and measures to take to prevent it
- Discussed examples of good and poor practice in this area, including lessons from relevant Serious Case Reviews and other practice audits
This course is suitable for managers in independent, voluntary & private sector agencies that provide services for vulnerable adults, contracts and commissioning officers in both South Glos Council and the NHS.
Participative group work, small group exercises, discussions and trainer input.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Activites and Reminiscence Workshop
- Being Person-Centred
- Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff)
- Supporting Adults with Autism
- Health, Safety and Personal Care