- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
This Manual Handling – Health, Education and Social Care e-learning course gives useful practical advice for all health and social care staff on how to reduce the risk of injury from manual handling. The course provides organisations a level of compliance to meet many of their health and safety training obligations.
This course is intended for all staff who work in the Education, Health and Social Care sectors.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
About this course
This Manual Handling – Health, Education and Social Care e-learning course contains three modules:
• Who is Responsible?
• Lifting Techniques
• Mind Your Back
Upon successful completion of all three modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
This course will enable you to:
• Know the key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling
• Know who is responsible for manual handling in the workplace
• Understand the importance of safe manual handling
• Learn the importance of thinking first
• Learn how much you can lift
• Know the basic techniques of good lifting practice
• Know what to think about prior to lifting
• Understand the principles around team lifting
• Learn how to move and handle people
• Learn about the workings of the spine
• Learn how a spine can get damaged whilst lifting
• Learn what causes back pain
• Learn how to treat back pain
• Learn how to strengthen your back