- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (13.00-16.15)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Manual Handling Refresh half day course is an annual refresher for individuals working in adult social care settings where they have responsibilities for moving people.
This course will enable you to build on your existing knowledge and practice.
Delegates will be expected to demonstrate how they move people and share knowledge through working on scenarios.
It will enable:
- An understanding of relevant legislation.
- Use a variety of handling equipment.
- Demonstrate safe methods of handling people.
- Demonstrate awareness of risk assessment.
- Basic principles of using specific equipment in your role.
This course is designed to be a refresher for anyone working in adult social care with responsibilities for moving people and attendees. Delegates from partner agencies will need to evidence that they have attended a manual handling course in the previous 18 months.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Administration of Medication (half day)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Supporting Adults with Autism and Undertaking Assessments
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Services for Older People
- Mental Health Awareness