- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0117 958 2070 .
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
- Venue Option 3 - Location: Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley, Bristol
- Venue Option 3 - Dates: 11th July 2016
- Venue Option 4 - Location: Tower Lane Business Park, Tower Lane, Warmley, Bristol
- Venue Option 4 - Dates: 24th October 2016
This manual handling refresher training course is aimed at support staff whose main role is the handling of people.
We provide client handling refresher courses that are designed specifically for the workplace service provider be it residential, nursing or home based.
This Manual Handling course will cover:
- Predisposing factors of musculoskeletal injuries
- Postural awareness and static loading
- Spinal awareness
- Principles of safer handling
- Risk assessment
- Unsafe practices
- Practical client handling techniques
- Hoist training
- Team handling
Participants will update and refresher their knowledge of the theory relating to manual handling, an awareness of the risks and how to minimise them and acquire the practical skills to perform handling techniques safely.
Course provider details
- Acorn Health and Safety
- Member Since: 24/04/2014
Other courses from Acorn Health and Safety
- IATP Asbestos Awareness Training
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Manual Handling Load Training
- Emergency Handling Training
- Handling Children Training