- Based in Ipswich
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01473 381444.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
- Awarding Body: CPD Accredited Certificate of Attendance and a learning tool.
- Venue Option 1 - Location: Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2QA
- Venue Option 1 - Dates: 18/01/2017 09/02/2017 22/03/2017
This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals who have the responsibility of receiving, storing, administering and disposing of patient’s medication. This course is also for delegates/learners who may want to use this course as evidence of a formal CPD Record to their professional body, regulator or employer.
(* This course equates to 5 CPD Points/Hours/Credits)
On completion, staff will:
- have a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities in to administering medication.
- have an appreciation of the legislation and regulation governing medication administration.
- be able to identify the 7 R’s of medication administration.
- Recognize errors and have confidence to take the relevant actions.
- Understand the importance of infection control in medicines administration.
- Legislation covering CQC expectations
- The 7 rights of medication administration
- Classification & Types of medication
- Routes into the body
- Infection control in medication administration
- Prescribing Medication
- Maintaining records – MARs (Nursing Homes, Domiciliary Care & Hospitals)
- Storing & Disposing of medication
- Types & Reasons for errors: Dealing with errors.
- Self-Administration & supporting independence
- Contra indications, allergies and overdoses
- Monitoring Dosage Systems
- Staff will have undertaken a practical exercise involving MAR charts and medication boxes
HOW TO BOOK
Complete an Online Enquiry ( E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone our Office (T: 01473 381444)