- Based in Northamptonshire
North East,North West,Yorkshire and the Humber,East Midlands,West Midlands,East of England,London,South East,South West,Wales,Scotland,National
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 0800 012 6085.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Full Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
What’s covered during the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field. Course Content has been designed for nurses and senior staff who are accountable for the management of medication. The course includes:
- Legislation and regulations
- Classification of medication
- Routes of administration
- Supply, storage, administration and destroying of medication
- Administration procedure
- Monitoring side effects and reactions
Who should attend?
- Care Home managers, nurses and senior staff who are responsible for in-house auditing of medication
Why this course?
To ensure compliance with Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations, this workshop is designed to support managers and senior staff in the process of in-house auditing of medication.
The course includes interactive exercises, quizzes, group work and case studies / scenarios covering various problem areas encountered with medication management in care homes.
- To help Care Homes audit their medication effectively
- To help Care Homes meet the standard for medication and to sustain their performance
- To understand the processes involved with medication management
- To reduce the likelihood of error associated with mismanagement of medicines
- To be compliant with the 5 R’s of medication management
- To understand and identify 8 core principles relating to the safe and appropriate handling of medicines
This course has been designed and encompasses both summative and formative assessment processes throughout the day by an experienced, skilled Tutor to ensure learning needs are met as are Course Objectives and to ensure delegates leave as being deemed competent. Certificate of Attendance is issued on completion of the course.