- Based in Chelmsford
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01245 357132.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 4 Days
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This course offers those who attend a structure for the delivery of memory training sessions for older people. The sessions can be delivered in both residential and community settings. Are effective for those with mild cognitive loss and early to middle stage dementia. Work well with all forms of dementia. Can actively contribute to a reduction of falls in the elderly and outbursts of challenging behaviour. Improve overall health and function. Sessions are also highly beneficial to those without dementia or cognitive losses.
What are Memory Training Sessions
Memory training sessions are a combination of targeted physical games used to speed up though processes and reaction, the ability to take on and retain information. Age appropriate exercises used to increase oxygen flow to the brain and increase overall function. A mixture of directed group mediation, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and visualisations techniques to increase concentration. Recognised memory improvement and retention methods.
At present two of the top providers of supported living in the UK and a leading provider of residential care for dementia are rolling the programme out.
Insurance Is Available
If you want to work independently providing these sessions, one to one training and insurance are available.
The aim of the course is teach those who attend the skills needed to assess, prepare, deliver an evaluate memory training sessions for older people.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
1. Assess the needs of their service users with service appropriate tools
2. Prepare and plan one to one and group memory training sessions
3. Facilitate and deliver memory training sessions
4. Adapt sessions to meet individuals needs
5. Identify partial and full exclusions to inclusion in memory training sessions
6. Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of memory training sessions
7. Be able to critically reflect on their own practice
1. Twelve week progression plan and viva
2. Preparation and delivery of 30 minutes of week 6 of progression plan
3. Exam paper
1. Online Home Study Packs Available
2. Assistance available in the selection of students
Course provider details
- The Health Care Training Company
- Member Since: 14/08/2015
Other courses from The Health Care Training Company
- Lone Working Course
- Responding to challenging behaviour in those with Dementia
- Moving and Handling Train the Trainer
- Person Centred Activities and Dementia
- Promoting physical activity & mobility in older people