- Based in
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01273 499109.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: CPD hours: 2 hours
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual
Upon successful completion of this Mental Capacity Act 2005 e-learning course, you will know about the Mental Capacity Act, its principles and its implications for vulnerable adults.
This Mental Capacity Act 2005 e-learning course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with vulnerable adults.
About this course
This Mental Capacity Act 2005 e-learning course contains four modules:
• The Core Principles
• Assessing Capacity
Upon successful completion of each of the four modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
This course will enable you to:
• Learn about the people the Act concerns
• Know what is Mental Capacity
• Learn about the Code of Practice
• Know the five core principles of the Act
• Know when and how to assess capacity
• Know how to making decisions in a person’s best interests
• Learn about the importance of keeping good records
• Learn what can be done within the law
• Learn about restraint
• Learn about the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
• Learn about the Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Learn about resolving disputes
• Learn about the Court of Protection
• Learn about advance decisions
• Learn about Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs)
• Learn about the importance of research
• Learn about children and young people who lack capacity