- Based in Tilbury
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01375 856953.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Depends on your ability and time
- Delivery Method: Online/Distance Learning
- Suitable for: Individual, Group
Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) came into force in 2007 and was designed to strengthen the protection of vulnerable adults. This was followed by The Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) being implemented in 2009. This care course provides background to the MCA and its relationship to DOLS and how those working within the care sector can ensure compliance whilst carrying out their job role. Candidates will also gain an understanding of how to keep the best interests of those that they care for who may or may not be able to consent.
- Understand the key principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Define “capacity”
- When to Assess
- Principles of Assessment
- Carer Liability
- Recording Your Practice
- Advance Decision
- What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- Deprivation of Liberty Assessment
Depends on your ability and time
Assessment online – multiple choice questions designed to test learners’ understanding of the course.
CPD accredited, an independent body operating across all market sectors and in support of all professional institutions, bodies and societies. Its certified CPD ‘quality mark’ is a recognised symbol of quality-assured training.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
How to purchase this course is via our website:www.ditaconsulting.co.uk, E-learning, shop and then locate the course and follow the procedures and make payment online also. Once you have paid, an e-mail will be send to you with login details.
To set up an account for your company/organisation, we need the following information:
- Name of the person, who will manage the account
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
All Payment online & Secured.
Once you have successful completed the course you will receive digital copy of your certificate which you must print yourself.
Course provider details
- Dita Consulting
- Member Since: 18/05/2016
Other courses from Dita Consulting
- Communication Course e-learning – CPD Accredited
- Information Governance e-learning – CPD Accredited
- Palliative and End of Life Care e-Learning – CPD Accredited
- Autism Awareness e-Learning – CPD Accredited
- Duty of Care e-learning – CPD Accredited