- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 2 days
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Mental Capacity Act and DoLS Safeguards in Practice course aims to support those practitioners who use the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) in their work.
The course refreshes your knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, looks at the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and supports the transfer of this knowledge into practice.
This course is suitable for managers and professionals from adult care and health settings where the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards do apply.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Refreshed their knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, including the two stage test of capacity, the principles, the roles of the IMCA and LPA and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Considered how the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards fit into the context of the MCA
- Found out what the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards involve, including the six assessments, the roles of care homes, hospitals, primary care trusts and local authorities, the difference between restriction and deprivation and the role of the IMCA
- Thought about how best they can apply that knowledge to their practice, such as by educating other staff, assessing a service users capacity and being involved in a decision making process, changing a workplace policy or rethinking care planning
- Undertaken tasks to put that change into practice and reflecting on the learning from that task
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Level 1 Safeguarding Adults Awareness
- Nutrition and Hydration Training for Care Workers
- Moving and Positioning People
- End of Life Awareness Training
- Health and Safety Awareness