- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 3 Hours
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace, Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Mental Capacity Act Awareness: Making Everyday Decisions course aims to equip staff who work directly with people who might lack capacity to support independent decision making using the Mental Capacity Act.
This course will also cover the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards at a level appropriate for care and support staff roles.
This course is for care and support staff working with people in residential care, supported housing and in their own homes.
By the end of the course participants will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Understand what mental capacity is and support people who may lack capacity to make their own decisions
- Understand the process of assessing a person’s mental capacity
- Understand the process of making best interests decisions in day to day situations
- Maintain accurate records related to the assessment and decision making related to mental capacity
- Explain what human rights are and the importance of understanding when restriction might cause a deprivation of liberty
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Enablement training “core principles to self care”
- Mental Capacity Act in Practice
- Nutrition and Hydration Training for Care Workers
- Promoting Good Practice in Handling Information
- Telecare Awareness Training