- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: Half day (9.30-12.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This assessed Mental Capacity Act Essentials Training (Care Workers) training course provides Care Workers with the essential skills and knowledge to apply and comply with the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 when carrying out their role.
The MCA applies to every health and social care worker who is involved in the care, treatment or support of people who are unable to make all or some decisions themselves.
Care Quality Commission Inspectors are increasingly asking care workers to explain their responsibilities under the MCA.
The MCA provides legal protection from liability for carrying out care and treatment of people who lack capacity to consent, provided that care workers:
- Understand the principles of the MCA
- Have carried out a capacity assessment and reasonably believe that the person lacks capacity
- Reasonably believe the action they have taken is in the best interests of the person
The training course will show care workers how to:
- Apply the principles of the Act
- Assess mental capacity
- Make best interest decisions
How the training course works:
- Attend a workshop
- Submit brief evidence of how you have applied your learning in the workplace
- Receive feedback onyour work which is shared with your employer
Once you have achieved the required standard for compliance and good practice in line with the MCA code of practice you will be awarded a Mental Capacity Essentials Training Certificate.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Dealing With Anger in Dementia Care
- Safeguarding Adults Alerter (Support Staff)
- Using iPads with Older People
- Health, Safety and Personal Care
- Supporting Adults with Autism and Undertaking Assessments