- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 2 x 3 hours
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Mental Capacity Act in Practice training is 2 morning course aims to support those practitioners who use the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) in their work.
The course refreshes your knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and supports the transfer of this knowledge into practice.
This course is suitable for managers and professionals from adult care and health settings where the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards do not apply.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Refreshed their knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act, including the two stage test of capacity, the principles, the roles of the IMCA and LPAs/deputyships
- Considered how the Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice offers guidance to support practitioners
- Thought about how best they can apply that knowledge to their practice, such as by educating other staff, assessing a service users capacity and being involved in a decision making process, changing a workplace policy or rethinking care planning
- Undertaking a task to put that change into practice and reflecting on the learning from that task
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Safer Recruitment Training
- Introduction to Epilepsy
- Level 3 Award in Dementia Awareness
- Promoting Good Practice in Handling Information
- Level 2 Award in Dementia Awareness