- Based in Weston-Super-Mare
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01934 427400.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Delivery Method: In-house/Workplace
- Suitable for: Group
This Mental Health Awareness training course aims to assist participants to develop a better understanding of the issues concerning equality and diversity surrounding the experience of mental and health and using health and social care services.
This course is for all staff not working directly in mental health roles who want to increase their practice knowledge, skills and professional development.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Discuss definitions of mental health and approaches to wellness
- Gain information on current and future legislation
- Explore models of understanding mental health
- Address the issues of social and community understanding of mental health
- Recognise where you, as a worker and an individual, are in relation to the above issues and knowledge and to take into account service user and carer perspectives.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of possible mental health difficulties and where help is available to discuss concerns and get advice
- Provide an opportunity to network across agency boundaries
Course provider details
- North Somerset Council
- Member Since: 12/11/2014
Other courses from North Somerset Council
- Enablement training “core principles to self care”
- Prevention and Management of Skin Breakdown (Pressure Ulcers)
- Telecare Awareness Training
- Mental Capacity Act E-Learning
- Mental Capacity Act Awareness: Making Everyday Decisions