- Based in Bristol
How to book
Use the course enquiry form on the right or call them on 01454 868963.
Training Course Details
- Course Length: One day (9.30-16.30)
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based/Venue
- Suitable for: Individual
This Mental Health Awareness training course is for participants from a variety of settings and backgrounds to gain a basic awareness of mental health which they can draw upon in their day-to-day work and is aimed at any managers or staff in any sector who work with adults or children and would like to know more about Mental Health.
This one day course is facilitated by Suzanne Pearson and will place emphasis on the social aspects of mental health including the stigma of mental ill health and some of the equal opportunities issues within the field. The perspectives of people who experience mental health problems will be central to the day.
The course will enable participants to:
- Recognise the spectrum of mental health and who is affected.
- Identify key factors that affect our mental health.
- Consider the stigma of mental ill health, the detrimental effect this has on the individual and how we might counter stigma.
- Consider some of the specific mental health issues linked to gender, age and ethnicity.
- Understand more about key medical classifications of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression.
- Clarify services that are available and consider what is helpful for people experiencing stress or mental distress.
Course provider details
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Member Since: 06/05/2014
Other courses from South Gloucestershire Council
- Understanding Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Epilepsy Refresher
- Housing Related Support: An Overview
- Introduction To Contracts
- Dignity in Care (3 modules)